Black Letter Media works with various production companies to develop stories for television drama series and telenovelas. We are looking for an intern to assist our head creative duduzile zamantungwa mabaso, on various projects.
This position is structured as an internship (short-term contract) in order to mentor and train new writers who will then go on to work professionally in the industry. This is a paid internship.
Due coronavirus implications, the position will be largely remote, however there will be times when we need to work in-person so the candidates should be able to commute to Johannesburg.
- Strong knowledge of the television shows on SA TV.
- Strong Note Taking Skills
- Strong story instincts
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Strong work ethic and a flexible schedule that allows for long hours and traveling as needed
- Detail-oriented, organised, and proactive
- Dependable, motivated, and eager to learn and assist in the execution of Scripted Television
- Willing and able to travel minimally for business to story meetings and other necessary meetings.
- Within reasonable commuting distance from the Greater Johannesburg area
- Good command of language important, multi-lingualism is a plus.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and fast typing skills and able to learn new software.
- Access to laptop, internet access, cellphone – a must. If no laptop, we can figure that out.
Experience and Education
- No degree needed. Minimum Matric.
- Students in Film/TV/Drama, Media Studies, Communications, English, or related field of study may apply
- No Television or Film writing experience required
- Must have no credits or scripts produced – even as a student
How to apply:
- Fill in the form below
- Attach your CV
- Attach a writing sample (10 pages max) e.g. short story, script, play, essay or treatment
Closing date: 22 January 2021 23:59.
Work start date: ASAP
Market related salary.
Please email your questions and queries to: [email protected]
Only candidates who meet the above requirements should apply. A portfolio might be required. If you have not heard from us by 24 January 2021, please consider your application unsuccessful.